This simple PowerPoint game is great fun, with colourful cookies and surprise bonus points.
Play it quickly as a fun stand-alone game (you can amuse the children at home over the holidays) , or use it as an effective review game after a Bible lesson.
Here’s how the Cookie Count PowerPoint Game works
- Two teams play alternately.
- After answering a review question correctly and being awarded points (we suggest 50 for a correct answer) the first team chooses a cookie. It is fun to have them describe the cookie, rather than simply point to it. This encourages the children’s powers of observation and expression.
- The PowerPoint operator then clicks once on the selected cookie.
- That cookie will slide off the screen and a Bonus Score will then be revealed and should be added to the score so far.
- The next team will win their chance to play by answering a review question.
- They then choose their cookie and the revealed score is added to their total.
- The game continues until all the cookies have gone, or the time allotted has finished.
- The winning team is the one with the highest score.
Do you need a printed version?
We now have a printable version of this free Christmas game for those who prefer the low-tech option!
Print, cut, laminate and mount. Then you are good to go! All instructions for making and playing the game are included in the download.
RIGHT-click on the link below to download the PowerPoint or printable version and save it to your computer.
Image Credit: Cookie images by iStock.com