Would you like a printable game that you can use again and again with any age group? This extremely versatile kit transforms from a simple “adding on” game for preschoolers, to a fast moving “bank it” or “go bust” for older children and youth.
This review game can be played three ways
According to the age of those in your group, choose the best method to play this adaptable game.
- For preschoolers it is simply an adding on game. Each correct response adds a coin to the treasure chest.
- For older children it becomes a game with secret bonus points, which are printed on the back of each coin. This is especially good for school assemblies and classes, as it encourages mental arithmetic skills as they add the final scores.
- The third way of playing is so exciting that kids, teens and even adults want to play it again and again. Will they amass a huge score with their turn, or will they go “bust”?
Bank or go bust!
Here’s how it is played with the third method.
- The child who answers the quiz question correctly receives 50 points for the team. These points are immediately “banked” and cannot be lost.
- He or she then selects as many coins as they wish. Picking one coin at a time, the value is revealed as it is chosen.
- At any time they can stop and “bank” the score they have in their hand, or they can carry on. But if they choose a coin marked FAKE, they go “bust” and lose all the points in their hand from that round. They do not lose the 50 points earned from answering the question.
- After each turn, be sure to rearrange the coins in a random way, so that the players will not learn where the high scoring coins are!
- The teams get the same number of questions and the winner is the team with the highest score at the end.
Useful life applications
To counter-balance any sense of grasping for money, it is useful to spend a few minutes discussing which charities or projects the children would donate the money to, if it were real. Or, talk about how else they might spend it for the benefit of others.
The link below will give you a PDF with full instructions (including a page showing how the game board should be laid out) and printable game pieces. All you need to do is cut out and laminate them.
To download the file, Right-Click on the link below and save to your computer.